Invitation to Dharna
This is to inform you that the villagers of Caurem will be holding Morcha at the office of the Director of Mines & Geology, Panaji for allowing illegal transportation of unaccounted ore in the name of transportation of e-auctioned ore which is currently taking place.
Time: 10.30 am
Venue : Azad Maidan, Panaji
The villagers also seek answers to the earlier letters submitted in his office asking him to correct the illegalities, loopholes and flaws which are causing theft of iron ore.
Villagers of Caurem held Dharna at Azad Maidan, Panaji on 18.04.2016. A delegation of Caurem villagers also met the Director of Mines & Geology Shri. Prasanna Acharya and explained about the illegal Iron ore transportation that is taking place from the village and requested him to seize the unaccounted ore which is not on official record.
However he refused to take any action and instead told the delegation that he is the sole authority to e-auction and transportation of this ore and he is acting in his capacity. He also told that the villagers should not interfere in this regard.
Caurem villagers have worked on these mines as Supervisor, spotters, truck drivers and laborers. They know about the quantity and grade of the ore which the mining companies have kept outside the record. The present government, the Directorate of Mines & Geology have been hand in gloves with the Mine owners.
The poor tribal villagers have meted out with atrocities at the hands of Quepem police. Ravindra Velip was attacked inside the judicial lockup. The State Government in connivance with mine owners tried Character Assassination of Ravindra Velip. The Govt has even refused to register their co-operative society which is the violation of their fundamental right as per article 19 (1) (C) of Constitution of India.
Since the entire system is against Caurem villagers and their demand, now they have decided to fight their battle in the Supreme Court by intervening in the WP(C) 435/2012. But the sad part is that till they get order there might be another scam of another thousand crore of rupees and no one would bother to recover the loot, as it was happened during illegal mining since year 2007 to 2012.
The villagers held full day dharna at Azad Maidan for their following demands:
- Direction from Chief Minister Shri. Laximikant Parcekar to the concern authorities to immediately register ‘The Sadhana Multipurpose Co-operative Society’ and allow to transport the legally e-auctioned ore through the society.
- Immediate halt to the illegal transportation of ore at the guise of e-auction
- Inquiry into Sada sub-jail assault and medical negligence in the matter of Ravindra Velip
- Immediate inquiry in to assault of Caurem villagers by police when they were in the police custody of Quepem police station
From the facebook wall of Ravindra Velip.
This post has already been read 570 times!
Latest posts by Editor (see all)
- “धुमकुड़िया—एक आदिवासी संवाद श्रृंखला” अपने दूसरे सम्मेलन के लिए शोध पत्र आमंत्रित करती है - September 8, 2019
- “Dhumkudiya—an Adivasi dialogue series” invites papers for its second conference - September 7, 2019
- Ahead of World Indigenous Day, Tribal-Adivasi organizations reassert their constitutional rights - August 8, 2019