(Please note: The deadline for the scholarship is over, the information provided here is for future reference.)
The scholarship is provided to ST students who have gained admission in the institutes identified by Ministry of Tribal Affairs under the scheme of Central Sector Scheme of National Scholarship for Higher Education for ST students, formerly known as Central Sector Scheme of Top Class Education for ST students. The scholarship can be applied through National e-Scholarship Portal.
The scholarship is provided to students selected for pursuing courses at Graduate/Post Graduate level in identified Institutions of excellence, Government and Private, in professional fields such as Management, Medicine, Engineering, Information Technology, Law and Training etc. The total number of identified institutions are 158 in 2015. The list includes institutes like IIT, IIM, NIT, TISS etc. The full list can be accessed at- http://tribal.nic.in/WriteReadData/CMS/Documents/201507021142349768192ad.pdf
ST students who have secured admission in any of the notified 158 institutions according to the norms prescribed by the respective Institutions will be eligible for the scholarship under the scheme. The total family income of the candidate to be eligible for this scholarship from all sources should not exceed Rs 4.50 lakh per annum.
General Conditions of Scholarships:
- The scholarship will become payable immediately after a student has secured admission and has started attending the classes.
- ST students who secure admission in these Institutes are awarded scholarships. The scholarship, once awarded, will continue till the completion of the course, subject to satisfactory performance.
- The students already in these schemes will continue to be in the existing scheme till they complete their studies.
- The total number of fresh scholarship each year will be 1000 from financial year 2015-16. There is no ceiling in Institution wise and stream wise number of slots for the Top Class Institution.
- In case the number of candidates exceeds the number of available awards, then the scholarship will be awarded on “first come first served” basis.
- It is a Central Sector Scheme and Ministry of Tribal Affairs will provide 100% funding for the scheme. The funds will be released by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs in a single installment for Scholarship immediately after the registration/admission.
- The applications should be complete in all respects and should be accompanied by the relevant documents. Applications, incomplete in any respect, are liable to be rejected. The applications received after the last date will not be considered.
Procedure for Applying:
- The scheme is implemented through National e-Scholarship Portal (NeSP). It is mandatory for all students to apply online. The students shall apply on the scholarship website i.e. www.scholarships.gov.in.
- While applying On-line, candidate should keep the following for uploading
- Scanned copy of their passport size color photograph and their signature in digital format (jpg or jpeg file only, each less than 100 KB size) for uploading with application.
- Scanned copy of Income Certificate issued by Revenue Officer/Tehsildar in the State/UT be submitted (jpg or jpeg file only, each less than 100 KB size)
- Scanned copy of ST certificate issued by Competent Authority. (jpg or jpeg file only, each less than 100 KB size)
- Scanned copy of bank account details of student.
- After applying online, students are required to note Permanent/Temporary ID for future references.
- The online application registration for the year 2015-16 was (01.07.2015)
(Source: Ministry of Tribal Affairs website)
This post has already been read 283 times!
Latest posts by Editor (see all)
- कोयतूरियन जीवन दर्शन की सीख देता ‘छेर छेरता’ पुनेमी पाबुन - February 18, 2019
- Men, groves and ailments in a Santal writer… - February 18, 2019
- Decolonizing and Storytelling: an interview with Leanne Betasamosake Simpson - February 17, 2019